Here at City Church, we are always looking for ways to encourage people to use their talents and gifts to 'Invite Everyone to Enjoy Christ for the Glory of God'. One of those ways is to highlight specific roles and needs we have in the church for qualified individuals to come and serve alongside us. Below are some of our current opportunities and an interest form. If you would like to apply or receive more information, please fill out the form and we will get in touch.
Families, Youth and Children's Director
£29,000-£33,000 per annum
City Church was planted in September 2014 and in God’s grace we have grown from a launch team of 27 adults and 5 children to 300 adults and 40 children from 38 different nationalities today. It is our prayer (set out in our 10 year vision document) that we will grow to 500-750 adults and 200 children by 2027 in order to be a hub church that trains and resources ministry throughout the city and our region.
The Director will work with our current ministry leaders to pioneer an excellent Families, Youth and Children’s work. The role is primarily providing strategic oversight, training and encouragement for our Families, Youth and Children ministry.
The position is open to both men and women.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2019. The post will commence on 1st September 2020.
To express interest, please fill out our online form at http://citychurchmanchester.org/families-director-form.
You may also contact Ralph Cunnington at email@example.com with any questions.
Ministry Trainee Programme
The internship is designed to prepare and deploy individuals with a heart for serving churches within pioneering urban situations. The programme lasts one or two years and involves the following:
- Smokehouse - our in-house training track for emerging leaders and semi-annual attendance at Formation Conference.
- Practical training in a variety of areas within church life; including evangelism and pastoral counselling. Serving in a broad range of church ministries - gathering experience and proficiency.
- Investment in leadership development with a focus on the soft skills of communication, teamwork, adaptability, problem solving, critical observation, and conflict resolution. This will involve a specific ministry area and significant projects to develop and hone these leadership skills.
- A minimum of 50 hours of one-to-one mentoring with senior staff.
- A Four-week trip to one of our US church partners for training and development.