Here at City Church, we are always looking for ways to encourage people to use their talents and gifts to 'Invite Everyone to Enjoy Christ for the Glory of God'. One of those ways is to highlight specific roles and needs we have in the church for qualified individuals to come and serve alongside us. Below are some of our current opportunities and an interest form. If you would like to apply or receive more information, please fill out the form and we will get in touch.
Families, Youth and Children's Director
£29,000-£33,000 per annum
Download Job Description
We are no longer taking applications for this position
City Church was planted in September 2014 and in God’s grace we have grown from a launch team of 27 adults and 5 children to 300 adults and 40 children from 38 different nationalities today. It is our prayer (set out in our 10 year vision document) that we will grow to 500-750 adults and 200 children by 2027 in order to be a hub church that trains and resources ministry throughout the city and our region.
The Director will work with our current ministry leaders to pioneer an excellent Families, Youth and Children’s work. The role is primarily providing strategic oversight, training and encouragement for our Families, Youth and Children ministry.
The position is open to both men and women.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2019. The post will commence on 1st September 2020.
To express interest, please fill out our online form at http://citychurchmanchester.org/families-director-form.
You may also contact Ralph Cunnington at email@example.com with any questions.
This post is part of our continuing commitment to provide pre-seminary training for those called to full-time pastoral ministry. The Trainee Minister will be involved in a variety of ministry areas and responsibilities across the church that will further their experience, develop their skills and deepen their theological training. They will benefit from being a member of a large staff team with direct mentoring from one of our pastors. It is also expected that the Trainee Minister will undertake an external training course (Biblical Counselling UK, Crosslands, Living Leadership).
In addition to general training and ministry experience, the Trainee Minister will also have some specific responsibilities relating to City Church’s North Manchester Facility. These include:
- Responsibility for the facilities at City Church’s North Manchester Facility based in Newton Heath. This will include: opening and closing of the building, room preparation cleaning and reset, administration of bookings and ensuring the maintenance of the building is attended to.
- Leading a weekly prayer and devotion gathering at the North Manchester Facility on Sunday mornings.
- Leading a weekly midweek children’s group aimed at children from the local primary schools. This will involve preparation and delivery of Bible teaching and activities, as well as coordinating with volunteers.
The closing date for applications is 30th November. The post will commence on 1st January 2020.
Ministry Intern Programme
The internship is designed to prepare and deploy individuals with a heart for serving churches within pioneering urban situations. The programme lasts one or two years and involves the following:
- Smokehouse - our in-house training track for emerging leaders and semi-annual attendance at Formation Conference.
- Practical training in a variety of areas within church life; including evangelism and pastoral counselling. Serving in a broad range of church ministries - gathering experience and proficiency.
- Investment in leadership development with a focus on the soft skills of communication, teamwork, adaptability, problem solving, critical observation, and conflict resolution. This will involve a specific ministry area and significant projects to develop and hone these leadership skills.
- A minimum of 50 hours of one-to-one mentoring with senior staff.
- A Four-week trip to one of our US church partners for training and development.